Last updated: November 25, 2014
Consent and Information Collection and Use
We may use your personal and/or account information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you and to other users of the Services, including without limitation for the purposes of communicating with you regarding the Services;
- To improve the quality of the Services through polls, surveys and other similar feedback gathering activities conducted by Pacific Servers and/or third parties;
- To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to the Services;
- To bill your account;
- To communicate with you, including without limitation for the purpose of providing you with information about the Services, or informing you of changes or additions to the Services or of the availability of any other services or features we provide;
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different features and service options of the Services;
- To protect against fraud or error, and to respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties;
- To respond to your requests for customer service;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, our users and the public; and
- As required to comply with applicable laws or as authorized by applicable laws.
Sharing of Personal Information
Pacific Servers may disclose an individual's personal information to others in connection with the purpose for which it was collected, as consented to by the individual, or as required or permitted by law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, examples of where your personal information may be disclosed include:
- We may share your personal information with certain service providers, hosting providers, printers, vendors, consultants and credit card or payment processing companies ("Service Providers"). When we engage Service Providers who manage personal information on our behalf and/or perform services on our behalf, such as hosting content, conducting surveys, sending communications, processing payments or helping prevent fraudulent transactions, we may share your personal information with such Service Providers.
- We may share certain information such as cookie data with third party advertising partners to allow such advertisers to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of the most interest to you.
Pacific Servers is not responsible for the actions of any independent third parties you may choose to engage with directly, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties.
Rights to Your Information
You have the right to access and edit your information at any time through the "Customer Portal" provided by Pacific Servers as part of the Services or by contacting us.
We may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. "Aggregated Data" means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
Cookies and Log Files
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. If you forget your password, we will ask you for your ID and send you an email containing your password.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Services. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Services. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Services, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Services. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.